Appriss partners with TRIM.co to provide our Louisville area employees with onsite hair cutting services. This time-saving employee benefit will allow employees to book an appointment online and have their services performed on-site at the Louisville Appriss HQ.
TRIM.co is a local start-up company who places highly experienced professional Barbers and Hairdressers from high-end Salons on site. Chris Edwards will be Appriss’ Trimmer and has 17 years of experience at Z Salon and 28 years in the Industry. He is available for both Women and Men’s hair. He also trims and shapes beards (but that’s mostly for men.)
Appointment Scheduling: Employees can schedule, pay and rate/review their Trimmer all on the TRIM.co App. Appointments are set up every 20 minutes. (Note the App is still in the developmental stage, so we are currently just using the website for scheduling.)
Cost: The cost is $25 per haircut, but Appriss will cover $10 of that fee. You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, or a debit card. Although tipping is NOT required, tips are very much appreciated by the Trimmers. A customary tip has been $5. Clients can tip on the App or in cash. (The Trimmers appreciate receiving any Tips in cash, if possible.)
*For the month of December 2018: TRIM.co will be onsite Dec. 10th and 17th
Hours: Every other Monday from 8:00am-5:00pm (starting Jan. 7th)
Phone: 502-419-7400 for Lindsey Miller, or 502-594-3629 for Laura Melillo
Location: 9901 Linn Station Rd, Louisville, KY 40223 (5th Floor, Kitchen next to Board Room)
Chris Edwards has been a Stylist and Hair Cut professional at Z Salon for 17 years. He has been in the Hair Industry for 24 years. He is an accomplished and innovative stylist for both women and men. His passion for sculpture enhances his artistic ability and allows him to design and deliver the perfect haircut for each client.
Chris has a Masters in Cosmetology degree as well as a Master license as a Barber and a Master Instructor license. He has also trained with several Aveda Educators to enhance his skills.
His background in barbering has broadened his perspective on shape and allows him to create dynamic cuts for both women and men. He is able to successfully handle different textures of hair and deliver an interactive experience with the perfect mix of humor, fun and professionalism. His ability to provide his clients with custom and creative solutions while connecting with them enables him to build lasting relationships.
When Christopher is not behind the chair, you will definitely find him enjoying the water, whether he is relaxing on his boat or constructing his home on the river.
* What are the main benefits to me using the Corporate Trimmer on site? Why should I get a Trim at work? The workplace is changing. Forward thinking, progressive companies who care about their employees’ work life balance have started to offer personal services at their locations. Some include offering food, dry cleaning, masseuses, a coffee or juice bar, car detailing, child care, etc. Individuals using our Trimmer service have told us they love the incredible convenience!! They appreciate not having to waste their time on a Saturday, in the evenings or during lunch to get a hair trim.
Besides saving time…, using a Trimmer at work will help you save money on gas and reduce your carbon footprint. Employees love the high-quality cut at a reasonable price. And the super easy open table type appointment making and the ability to leave a quick Uber type review.
* Do the Trimmers only cut Men’s hair or do they cut women also? Also, do they trim beards? The Trimmers do trim and shape beards. And they definitely cut Women’s hair as well as Men’s. When a man gets a Trim, the Hairdresser generally wets the hair with a spray water bottle, cuts it, and then blows it dry. Many men prefer to allow their hair to air dry, so it doesn’t get too poofy.
Most women are preferring a dry cut. They can get an overall Trim or have their layers lightened up, bangs trimmed or whatever. We have noted that men seem to like a Trim once every 3 to 4 weeks where women are often choosing a Trim less often.
* Why do you call the person a Trimmer? Why not call them a Hair Stylist or a Barber? All of our “Trimmers” are fully licensed Cosmetologists or Barbers. We sometimes use the terms Hairdresser, Hair Stylist or Barber interchangeably…, but since 80% of the time, the person is doing a Trim–, trimming women or men’s hair and trimming and shaping beards, we generally use the term “Trimmer”.
* How do I schedule an appointment? Employees can schedule, pay and rate/review their Trimmer all on the TRIM.co App. Appointments are set up every 20 minutes. (Note the App is still in the developmental stage, so we are currently just using the website for scheduling.)
* What is the cost for a haircut? And what about tipping? The cost is $25. paid via the App. We can accept Visa, Mastercard, or a debit card. Although tipping is NOT required, tips are very much appreciated by the Trimmers. A customary tip has been $5. Clients can tip on the App or in cash. (The Trimmers appreciate receiving any Tips in cash, if possible.)
* How are the Trimmers selected? Where do they come from? TRIM.co works very hard to identify and place Trimmers who have extensive experience at high end salons. We only place mature, professional, experienced hair dressers who are excellent at their craft AND have good customer service skills.
* How will the quality of the service be monitored? What feedback will I receive? After every appointment, a survey, much like Uber’s, will be automatically generated to the customer. It will ask for a 1 to 5-star rating on two questions. 1). To what extent were you happy with the quality of the haircut? and 2). To what extent were you happy with the professionalism and customer service skills of the Trimmer?
We will monitor this feedback constantly and take immediate action if we discover the quality is anything less than a 4 or 5-star rating. The survey feedback will also be shared with the company on a regular basis.
* How often will a Trimmer be at my place of employment? It depends on the demand. Some Companies are booking a Trimmer one day every 3 or 4 weeks, some are scheduling 1 day every week…, or more. We set up the scheduling based on the anticipated demand and can alter it at any time.
* What if I am late for my scheduled appointment? Let’s say five or six minutes late? What if I can’t make the appointment at all, and have to no-show? Employees will pay the $25 when services are rendered. If they are running late, the Trimmer will do the best he/she can in the remaining minutes OR they can try and schedule them into another open time slot that day.
If you are running REALLY late and there is another appointment right after you, it presents a problem. We do NOT want the Trimmer to risk making the next client wait and perhaps mess up the entire schedule for the day.
* If I don’t want a haircut, but would like the Hair dresser to do a quick style using a round brush and a blow dryer can I request that? Absolutely!! You can use the appointment for a quick style, if you want.
* I would like to have my eyebrows waxed or my nails done. Can you provide any other services? At this time, we are only doing Trims, however we MAY add more services in the future.
* If I have a family member who wants to come in for a Trim–, can they? It is fine with us if you make an appointment for a family member to get a Trim. Different companies have different policies though, so please check with your Manager or HR.