2021 Enhancements + Open Enrollment
- Enroll within Workday from November 5, 2020 to November 18, 2020.
- Open Enrollment is passive EXCEPT for Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA, Limited Purpose FSA, Dependent Care FSA) and Health Saving Accounts (HSA). All current benefits, EXCEPT FSAs and HSAs, will automatically rollover if no elections are made. If you currently have no coverage, you will continue to have no coverage.
New Vendors + Contributions
- Wellness Program Vendor: Appriss will be replacing Virgin Pulse with Vitality.
- Spending Account Vendor: Appriss will be replacing McGriff with Discovery Benefits.
- We will be sponsoring an Employer Contribution to the HSA if you are enrolled in Medical Plan 1 or 2.
- We have extended our trial with Rocket Lawyer to have available for all of 2021 to all employees. You do not need to sign up for this benefit – it is free for all.
New Insurance Cards
- If you make plan elections, you will receive new ID cards in the mail.
- If you do not make changes to current plans, you will not receive new ID cards.
- VSP does not issue ID cards, your provider will ask for your SSN at time of visit to verify coverage.
- Discovery Benefits will provide new cards.
The following benefits have rate changes in 2021:
For more information on rate changes, please click here.
For more information on medical plans, please click here.
- Those new to the plan/program (either new hires, or those newly enrolled via qualifying life event) will receive the full wellness subsidy while completing the year-long program.
- If you cover a spouse on your medical plan, you collectively will need to earn your wellness subsidy for 2022 in 2021. There will be no partial subsidies.
There will be no onsite biometrics during the 2021 calendar year due to COVID. Please visit your Primary Care Physician to have your bloodwork completed.
We will be eliminating the Role Subsidy and the Clinic Access Subsidy.
We have removed the Clinic Access Subsidy this year and have made several enhancements to our benefits to help you pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Appriss will contribute to your HSA if you an enrolled in one of the high deductible health plans. In addition, the subsidy was taxed as income. HSA contributions are tax free, rollover each year and are yours even if you leave Appriss.
- California residents will now have access to the Louisville Clinic for free telemedicine and we will be adding more states over time. Please call the clinic at 502-423-9229 to get started.
- Preventative care generic prescription drugs will now be free to you. Find the list here.